12 replies to this topic

#1 Bullseye

Bullseye

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Every year leading up to the draft, we do mock drafts and discuss the pros and cons of particular players for our teams.

Here in Jag nation, we've had debates between Leonard Fournette and Dalvin Cook, Fournette vs. everybody else, when, if ever, to take a QB, etc.

But as the title of this thread suggests, I want to put a bit of a twist on the discussions.

What player do you NOT want to see with your division rivals?  What player do you think is the perfect fit between need and talent that would make your divsion rival better?

For me, my list begins thusly:

Tacks-John Ross.  I think with our DBs, we can match up pretty well against anybody.  I think the only thing that wuold possibly give our CBs issues is blinding speed, and that's what Ross offers.  The tacks went after a similar guy in Brandin Cooks, and I don't want Ross there.  Let Mariota and their passing game continue to be pedestrian.  I also don't want them landing either of the Ohio St. CBs.

Colts-I don't want to see the Colts end up with Dalvin Cook.  I think adding him to the Colts offense would give them a longer term running game and diversify their offense a great deal.  I want him nowhere near Indy.  I want Alabama LB Foster far away from Indy.  The last thing I want is the Colts defense to have is a physical presence, and he is possibly the hardest hitting LB to come out of Alabama in quite some time.

Texans-Cam Robinson or any viable OL.  They have a need at G and RT, and Robinson could fit either position.  For that matter, I don't want them getting any viable QB.  They deserve to waste their defense and suck longer.

Edited by Bullseye, 19 April 2017 - 05:58 PM.

"Master debating Goober"

Jaguars Football...Obtaining  "...knowledge of 'The Way...'"

"Good times...noodle salad."

#2 Bullseye

Bullseye

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:56 PM

Mods, please move this thread to the AFC South Forum.

"Master debating Goober"

#3 SkeetBroball2

SkeetBroball2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

I'd be happy with Tennessee getting Ross. He's made of glass. He'll be like their Sammy Watkins. Good on the field, but never on the field.

I agree with the other two.

My #1 for Tennessee is Jamal Adams. With Blake's gambling mentality, the last thing I want is playing another talented secondary twice a year. Though who knows, Blake could be a different player this year.

Edited by SkeetBroball2, 19 April 2017 - 09:31 PM.

#4 Jacksonville

Jacksonville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Tenn. - Adams

Indy - McCaffrey

Hou- A QB

0mbt2.jpg

#5 Jacksonville

Jacksonville

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

I would love all your picks honestly for team in or division

Edited by Jacksonville, 20 April 2017 - 08:21 AM.

0mbt2.jpg

#6 Jags32250

Jags32250

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3963 posts
  • LocationJax Bch

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:07 AM

For me, what I WANT to see is Houston draft a QB who busts hard.  If the talking heads are right, taking a QB in the first could essentially be a wasted pick for the Texans.

The Titans are who scare me.  They pick 5 and have been drafting very well of late.

Who's gonna get the better lunch?

#7 Caldrac

Caldrac

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17009 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:53 PM

tacks: O.J Howard - I would be concerned with him being selected at 5th or even 18th if he slips a bit to them on draft night. Traditionally the TE position has crippled virtually all of our defensive teams no matter who was the coach or which era it was. Adding Howard to a run heavy, run first offense with Mariota as efficient as he's been in his career is a scary thought. 

clots: Dalvin Cook - This would be painful to watch. Cook is easily one of the better RB's in this class. Seeing a Florida product running against us twice a year would really burn me up from time to time. Because of his speed and quickness you'd be worried from time to time with him bouncing off the edge and cutting loose outside. Plus, he's being supported by Luck. Who I think a lot of people have been sleeping on but once he's fully healed up from his injuries he's a top flight QB in the NFL. 

tinhorns: DeShuan Watson - Not the flashiest or the biggest QB of his class. But the kid wins football games. He can manage the big stage and bright lights. Placing him in charge of an offense that has some solid outside weapons and a decent backfield is a scary thought. He could blossom just fine under Bill O'Brien. 

#8 Jags2DaDeath

Jags2DaDeath

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8696 posts
  • LocationJacksonville

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:29 PM

What I don't want to see:

Tennessee - Them being able to trade down with a team like Buffalo or Cleveland that wants to move up and get a QB. And Tennessee is able to get extra picks and add OJ Howard or John Ross

Indy - Forrest Lamp

Houston - Them being in a position to get Watson

;
;

#9 Captain Uberpants II

Captain Uberpants II

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:15 PM

I'd actually prefer Houston to get a QB this year. I don't think any of them will be anything better than average even after years of development. I'd like to see Houston get set back again after missing on another QB.

#10 Bullseye

Bullseye

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7777 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

I would like to add Takkarist McKinley to the Colts.

They desperately need pass rushers out of their 3-4.  He could succeed in that capacity for them.  I don't want that to happen.

"Master debating Goober"

#11 RedRooster28

RedRooster28

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:09 PM

I want Adams (safety) and Howard (TE) as far away from our division as possible unless we nab them. Not as concerned about WRs with our corners.

#12 DARKSTAR

DARKSTAR

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Colts - Dalvin Cook

Texans - Garrapalo in a trade

Titans - Barnett (DE Vols)

DARKSTAR = The Artist Formerly Known As HURRICANE!!!

#13 SkeetBroball2

SkeetBroball2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 01:57 PM

Colts - Dalvin Cook

Texans - Garrapalo in a trade

Titans - Barnett (DE Vols)

You realize Barnett is already gone and Houston has nothing to trade for Jimmy G right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users