#1 UCF Knight

UCF Knight

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18633 posts
  • LocationDuvalllllll

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

I'm seriously debating it this year.  I am a long time season ticket holder and before that was an original season ticket holder with my dad and brother.  I know everyone is excited with Tom coming back, but year after year I've been fooled by this team.  I know winning isn't the only thing that should pull you to games, but far too often I find myself sitting there watching an inferior product struggling to find a babysitter on Sunday's.

I can buy tickets at the same price as season ticket holders through work....I post this now knowing that on February 28th (sort of my bday) I will probably pull the trigger anyway.

If we didnt have people on this message board to disagree with, we would have nothing to talk about.

"No rah-rah, because rah-rah’s for show. Your butt’s on the line, and you either stand up and deal with it, or...or you can’t. You become a very difficult opponent for anyone or anything when you know that you can.” -Jim Brown

#2 Jagwired

Jagwired

Best poster in the known universe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5008 posts
  • LocationJax Beach

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

Already have. :thumbsup:

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

#3 B2hibry

B2hibry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1833 posts
  • LocationJax Beach

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

I am feeling this similar pain. My family and I have been a part of the organization since day one, but the lack of success is taking a huge toll. We have a big group that has really enjoyed the Sunday tradition, as well as the additional Jaguar events. As my parents and their friends get older, the ability to withstand or even the desire to withstand the heat paired with the losing fades. Even the bitterness of the fans that sit behind me on game day is getting hard to ignore! Like to choke that ignorant little [BAD WORD REMOVED]! Additionally, because of circumstances, I am lucky if I attend maybe two games a year. Even after several emails and conversations with the Jags, I still remain on the fence. I'll most likely wait until the very last minute to decide. Not an easy decision this year. I want to remain loyal, but certainly not blindly.

#4 UCF Knight

UCF Knight

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18633 posts
  • LocationDuvalllllll

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:55 PM

I will say a huge perk now is the pre sale for the concerts.  That's pretty cool.

If we didnt have people on this message board to disagree with, we would have nothing to talk about.

"No rah-rah, because rah-rah’s for show. Your butt’s on the line, and you either stand up and deal with it, or...or you can’t. You become a very difficult opponent for anyone or anything when you know that you can.” -Jim Brown

#5 B2hibry

B2hibry

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1833 posts
  • LocationJax Beach

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

I will say a huge perk now is the pre sale for the concerts.  That's pretty cool.

True, but why do I feel like they are just dangling the bait? The slow learner in me will probably renew yet again. They better start offering buy one-get one beer if the season goes like this last one.

#6 hb1148

hb1148

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7773 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Posted 02 February 2017 - 07:28 PM

I renewed.  You have to do what is best for your situation but I recommend it.  You've come this far, think of how sweet it will be when they finally do get back on the winning side of things.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

#7 HURRICANE!!!

HURRICANE!!!

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17084 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 04:03 PM

Renewing 6 of my 8 but may pick up an additional 4 in a certain section if the right seats become available.  That will give me  a total of 10 tix.

#8 Perkolater

Perkolater

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2984 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:40 PM

I'll be renewing

"Never be afraid to celebrate everything and everyone we have here in Jacksonville. We’re second to none, and let me say it: ‘Jacksonville is great.’’ -Shad Khan before the scoreboard unveiling.  

#9 superfan32

superfan32

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20094 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:43 PM

I stopped 2 seasons ago...and I won't be purchasing season tickets this season either...enough is enough.

Have you seen my baseball?

#10 904Funk

904Funk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • LocationJacksonville

Posted 08 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

First time season ticket buyer!

Got two tickets in the 204 Section. 

Excited for the upcoming season, and expecting a positive record this year!

#11 hb1148

hb1148

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7773 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Florida

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

I stopped 2 seasons ago...and I won't be purchasing season tickets this season either...enough is enough.

Would you consider renewing if the Jags get back to winning?  Just wondering how many people are done due to the crappy seasons and who are just done with it altogether (i.e. following a new team or etc.)

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

#12 StroudCrowd1

StroudCrowd1

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16765 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, FL

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:16 AM

Take the money you were going to spend on season tickets and just buy BETTER seats to the games you actually want to go to. At the end of the day, you save money, have better game day experiences, and aren't forced to waste a Sunday watching a crap team (opponent) to justify your season ticket purchase. After all, let's be honest. Who wants to watch the Rams?

Flame away...

Edited by StroudCrowd1, 09 February 2017 - 12:18 AM.

#13 copycat

copycat

All-Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4598 posts
  • LocationJacksonville Fla.

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:51 AM

But of coarse.  Why stop now?

Original Season Ticket Holder

Warning:  Don't feed the trolls!

#14 Jagwired

Jagwired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5008 posts
  • LocationJax Beach

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:21 PM

Pre sale for Dave Mathews started at 8a.m. this morning. Was sold out when I tried at 8:03. Three friggin minutes they were gone. :wallbash:

#15 StroudCrowd1

StroudCrowd1

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16765 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:06 AM

Pre sale for Dave Mathews started at 8a.m. this morning. Was sold out when I tried at 8:03. Three friggin minutes they were gone. :wallbash:

Go on stubhub and buy them at 4x face value. That's how the crooked system works.

#16 Jagwired

Jagwired

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5008 posts
  • LocationJax Beach

Posted 11 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

Go on stubhub and buy them at 4x face value. That's how the crooked system works.

You mad bro?

#17 StroudCrowd1

StroudCrowd1

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16765 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

You mad bro?

No.

#18 HURRICANE!!!

HURRICANE!!!

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17084 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

First time season ticket buyer!

Got two tickets in the 204 Section. 

Excited for the upcoming season, and expecting a positive record this year!

My original season tix were in Section 204 - Row BB Seats 1-2-3-4  (we got the shade at halftime.

#19 HURRICANE!!!

HURRICANE!!!

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17084 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:21 AM

EXACTLY -- THERE WERE NO PRESALE TICKETS TO BE HAD.  I WAS ON THERE AT 8AM AS WELL.

ADDITIONALLY, I WENT ON AT 10AM WHEN THEY WENT ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC AND AGAIN WERE NO TICKETS AVAILABLE.

Thanks for that great Daily's perk 

.... and yes, that does make me mad.

Edited by HURRICANE!!!, 13 February 2017 - 10:21 AM.

#20 UCF Knight

UCF Knight

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18633 posts
  • LocationDuvalllllll

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

Ahh, so there goes one of the perks for renewing season tickets. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users